LANKAWEBSPACE intends to provide its customers access to everything the Internet has to offer. While LANKAWEBSPACE is firmly committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of both LANKAWEBSPACE and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of LANKAWEBSPACE and the Internet are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your server to publish material, which LANKAWEBSPACE determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If a LANKAWEBSPACE account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at abuse@LANKAWEBSPACE.com. VIOLATIONS OF LANKAWEBSPACE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY The following constitute violations of this AUP:
1. Illegal use: LANKAWEBSPACE's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. LANKAWEBSPACE reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
1b. LANKAWEBSPACE will not accept any adult related websites.
2. Harm to minors: Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment: Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another. 5. Fraudulent activity: Use of LANKAWEBSPACE service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
6. Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
7. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending LANKAWEBSPACE account.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Anyone hosting web sites or services on their server / accoun that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their account immediately suspended. The account will not be re-activated until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the account to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the accoun from our network without notice to the customer. Any account guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
8. E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending LANKAWEBSPACE account.
9. E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the LANKAWEBSPACE service is in violation of this AUP.
10. Usenet SPAMing: LANKAWEBSPACE has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
11. Unauthorized access: Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of LANKAWEBSPACE's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending LANKAWEBSPACE account is subject to immediate termination.
12. Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the LANKAWEBSPACE service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
The customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that by initial and continued use of the services provided by LANKAWEBSPACE, hereinafter referred to as "LANKAWEBSPACE", that he or she agrees to, and is bound by the LANKAWEBSPACE Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy.
The customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that LANKAWEBSPACE may revise policies, agreements and notices at any time without notice and that he or she shall be bound by the policies, agreements and notices as currently posted on the LANKAWEBSPACE web site which as a whole shall constitute LANKAWEBSPACE's Acceptable Use Agreement.
LANKAWEBSPACE is committed to complying with Sri Lankan and U.S. copyright law and expects all end users who access some of our Services but do not have accounts ("Visitors") as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services ("Subscribers") to do the same.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA") provides recourse for owners of copyrighted material who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed on the Internet.
Under the DMCA, copyright owners may contact the authorized agent of an Internet service provider to report alleged infringements of their protected works appearing on Web pages hosted by the service provider.
Upon receipt of a properly filed complaint satisfying the requirements of the DMCA, LANKAWEBSPACE will remove or block access to the allegedly infringing material. If a Member or user of the LANKAWEBSPACE Service believes in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed, such person may submit a counter notice to LANKAWEBSPACE. LANKAWEBSPACE will not be a party to disputes over alleged copyright infringement.
This information should not be construed as legal advice to our Subscribers or Visitors. If you believe that your copyrights have been infringed, or if a notice of copyright infringement has been filed against you, we advise that you seek legal counsel. We are providing the following information to you for informational purposes only.
Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
All web hosting payments to Lankawebspace are refundable within the first 30 days according to 30-day money-back guarantee. This includes any setup fees and monthly fees, regardless of usage. All billing disputes must be reported within 30 days of the time the dispute occurred. Domain names have only 3 days money back guarantee period.
While every attempt is made to keep all information passing to and from our systems, and to and from our customers, private, you must assume that any information that you transmit or receive may not be private. LankaWebSpace Networks does not monitor or record normal usage of our systems. However, LankaWebSpace Networks will fully cooperate with any authority in the investigation of illegal activity and may turn over logs and records upon receipt of proper orders. LankaWebSpace Networks fully reserves the rights to conduct an audit if LankaWebSpace Networks believes there has been a violation of this Agreement or the Law.
LankaWebSpace Networks does not and will not sell or transfer any information about our customer base to any third party for the purpose of using that information for marketing or direct sales.